tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Birch <cpbi...@mac.com>
Subject j_security_check returns 400 response with valid login
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:23:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently experiencing an error that only occurs with IE6 (sp1 and
sp2) on Windows (tested on Win98 and WinXP).

When trying to access a tomcat resource protected by security
contstraints, the login form is correctly displayed, however, when
using Internet Explorer a correct username and password always returns
an 400 error response.  If I switch to using Firefox then I can login
fine.

Has anyone else come across this problem?  Can anyone point me in the
right direction to find out what the problem might be because I am
stuck.

Tomcat 4.1.29 running on JDK1.4.2 on Mac OS X Server.

Many Thanks,
Chris.

----
Chris Birch