tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Continuing Frustration and Misery with Deployer
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:12:23 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree, deployed OK certainly does not mean a valid deployment
;)

The docs say of docBase

"The Document Base ... for this web application, or the pathname to the web application archive
file (if this web application is being executed directly from the WAR file). You may specify
an absolute pathname for this directory or WAR file, or a pathname that is relative to the
appBase directory of the owning Host."

The thing is, I do not wish to execute directly from the WAR as that would be inefficient.
I thought I could deploy a WAR, that it would explode and then initialise itself. It seems
to me like (if it actually manages to explode in time which is not always the case) that initialisation
of the context does not wait on complete extraction of the WAR.

Therefore to avoid executing from the WAR itself I use a relative path to the web application.
Perhaps I should be specifying docBase="ROOT" rather than /ROOT.

Thanks again, I need all the help I can get with this deployment malarky!

Cheers, Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474