tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Santosh Asbe <santosh.a...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat hangs
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:29:42 GMT
Hi all,
 I am also facing an issue with tomcat 4.1.30 on RHEL 3.0. After few days my
server doesnot respond to any request. When i check the process id, it is
running. But when i try to shutdown the tomcat , it doesnot stop. the
process id still exists So i kill -9 the PID and the start the tomcat.
earlier i thought it was issue related kernel threading so add a export
LD_KERNEL parameter int eh catalina.sh. But this problem still eists.
 I have 2 tomcats running in loadbalacing in the production environment . my
tomcat donot make any direct database connections. we have another layer of
application server which makes database calls. My tomcat only servers JSP
,servlets.
 I have an Apache-tomcat-WAS-DB setup.
 regards,
 Santosh