tomcat-users mailing list archives

From d...@xsoftware.biz
Subject SessionListener invoked sometimes and not others
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:04:41 GMT
So after a restart of tomcat, I login and it appears the session is still
valid, so it does not go through my session listener.

I need to be aware of the web application lifecycle and want to grab a
resource when the webapp starts and release when the web app goes away.
How do I do that?

I was doing this in the SessionListener upon creation of the first session
and releasing when the last session went away.  But since tomcat may be
saving session, I am getting a request and getting a nullpointerexception
now since the resource had not been allocated in web app startup.

How does one deal with this kind of problem?
thanks,
dean