tomcat-users mailing list archives

From lamont <lamont.nel...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat deployment...
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:16:33 GMT
I'm running tomcat 5.5.9 on Linux. I'm trying to get ant to deploy a
simple webapp I have in a development directory.

I have the following in my build.xml file:
 <target name="install" depends="compile"
   description="Install application to servlet container">
    <deploy url="${manager.url}"
       username="${manager.username}"
       password="${manager.password}"
           path="${app.path}"
       localWar="file://${build.home}"/>
  </target>

Whenever I type 'ant install' on the command line I get the following
error message:

[deploy] FAIL - Failed to deploy application at context path /mondialdb

I have defined all the variables in build.properties, as specified in
the tomcat documentation.

Does anyone know a possible reason why the application won't deploy? My
directory structure is the same as the Deployment section in the Tomcat
documentation.

Thanks in advance.