tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: TC 5.5 practical limit on number of webapps it can support
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:50:27 GMT

>There are known problems with deploying the same application several
>times. Tomcat is unable to unload webapp's classloader completely. For
>example, it takes only ten deploys of our struts+hibernate webapp to
>take Tomcat down. On the other hand, the same webapp can run even days
>without affecting the container.

Does this mean affect the NUMBER of webapps that can be deployed, or is
this more a function of the number of restarts of a web app?  I'll give
this reloading issue a try and see how that works.  I only have two
webapps configured so far, and I am able restart them, though I've not
tried doing as many as 10 redeploys without TC having also been restarted.

Thanks,
David