tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Bonnet <will...@wbonnet.net>
Subject Re: Can't start Tomcat 5.5.12 on Solaris 9
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:23:45 GMT
Hi

> Be sure to extract the 32bit version of your JDK or JRE first... and
> then install the 64bit patch. Otherwise it wont work.
Do you really need to do this ?

It works fine withonly downloading the right version of JDK from
java.sun.com

> In your place I'd define CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME inside
> catalina.sh to avoind using environment variables and to escape that
> feeling that you may mess up your OS Java installation.
To me it is not a good idea at all to modify the catalina.sh

Environment variable are used to configure your environment, so use it.
I understood that  java compiler does not even run. The problem seems to
come from java installation. Tomcat will not run without a valid jdk.

First you should try to make javac compiling, then you will be able to
investigate why tomcat is not working

Kind regards,

--
William Bonnet

SunWizard - Le site francais dédié aux amateurs de stations Unix
http://www.sunwizard.net