tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PHIL CAVAZOS" <PHIL.CAVA...@salemhospital.org>
Subject Re: JNDIRealm Configuration
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:15:12 GMT
Looks like I got this to work. My web app is now authenticating with eDirectory using a form-based
login. If anyone needs help on this same issue, let me know. I'd be more than willing to reprieve
you from the stress this created.

>>> PHIL.CAVAZOS@salemhospital.org 10/21/2005 1:36:09 pm >>>
I need advice on configuring a JNDIRealm to authenticate with Novell
eDirectory. I've attempted to create a JNDIRealm using Tomcat's
Administrative GUI. When I click to save, I get a save error. The log
file indicates the following...

Oct 21, 2005 12:59:13 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase stop
INFO: This Realm has not yet been started
Oct 21, 2005 12:59:13 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase
setRealm
SEVERE: ContainerBase.setRealm: start:
LifecycleException:  Exception opening directory server connection:
javax.naming.CommunicationException: localhost:389 [Root exception is
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
	at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm.start(JNDIRealm.java:1603)

This makes me wonder if I have to have an instance of an LDAP server
running on the local server ("localhost:389"). The configuration is on a
Linux (Fedora Core 2) server with Tomcat. No LDAP server is currently
installed locally.  I'm trying to bind to another server with LDAP
installed within the network.

Thanks in advance for the help.