tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: hacking the tomcat DefaultServlet
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:02:25 GMT
Filters are only run on the incoming request. They can run on include() and
forward() to but you need to see configure that in web.xml.

If you are renaming the servlet path - you can't call chain.doFilter() and
get the results you expect. YOu need to get a new RequestDistpatcher for the
location your rewriting to and perform a forward()

-Tim