tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Problems with web.xml generated from RAD and from Ecplise.
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:23:40 GMT
Ah, caught me Charles :)

Omnytex Technologies is my own company, and I make the decisions here,
but it's only a part-time side venture.  My regular, full-time, pays the
bills job is what I was referring to.  So far I haven't been forced
there, but I'm one of the few not using RAD at this point.

No, my IDE of choice is UltraEdit, and you'll have to pry it out of my
cold, dead hands before I give it up :)

Frank

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>From: Bovy, Stephen J [mailto:STEPHEN.Bovy@ca.com]
>>Subject: RE: Problems with web.xml generated from RAD and
>>from Ecplise.
>>
>>What is RAD, is it a free eclipse plug in ??
>

> Check the archives for this thread:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200510.mbox/browse
>
> I especially liked Frank Z's comments:
>
> "A bug in RAD?!?  Surely you jest!
>
> "Ahem.
>
> "<ComicBookGuy>RAD... Worst... IDE... EVER!</ComicBookGuy>
>
> "(Unfortunately, I may have no choice but to use it soon... it's the
> 'standard' at my company, but I've been able to resist thus far.  I can
> only hope my luck continues that way).
>
> "--
> "Frank W. Zammetti
> "Founder and Chief Software Architect
> "Omnytex Technologies"
>
> What I don't understand is if Frank's the founder and architect of his
> company, why is he being forced to use something so ill-liked?  Is the
> tail wagging the dog?  Enquiring minds, etc...
>
>  - Chuck

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies