tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Eller <ell...@eller-software.de>
Subject context.xml file and war
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:48:13 GMT
Hello list users,

after searching the documenation and the internet, I finally ask the
list for help: I want to deploy an application as a war file. As I need
to configure JNDI Resources (datasources), I want to use a
context-specific xml file instead of modifying server.xml. But I can't
get it working.
If I've a WAR-File and a context-specific xml file in the
webapps-directory, the war file is deployed automatic (i.e. decompressed
), but the context-specific xml-file is ignored. After searching the
net, I tried to put my context-specific file as context.xml in META-INF
of the WAR, but that does not work (it seems, thats an option for TC 5
and above only).

How can I deploy my App as a WAR file _and_ use a context specific xml file?

I use Tomcat 4.1.30 with JDK 1.4.2_08

thank you for your answers
Alexander