tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Miles" <dar...@netbauds.net>
Subject Can you intercept the default Servlet ? stack servlets ? forward to specific class ?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:50:36 GMT

I would like to change a sub-tree (/subdir) of my web-app so that I run
every request runs through my own default servlet (for a security check)
then if it drops out of the bottom I wish to forward to tomcat's default
servlet.

Does Servlet technology allow the stacking of servlets, so mine can be
innermost and get first choice on creating a response or doing nothing
and letting the next outermost servlet have a go with the request ?

Can I forward the request I'm holding to a specific servlet class ?

What config changed to I need to make to web.xml ?  I'm thinking i just
create my new servlet and declare a servlet mapping of the containing
directory tree "/subdir/".

Do you have any advise about the situation that I might find useful?

Many Thanks

Darryl

--
Darryl L. Miles