tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Character Encoding -ISo-8859-1 Vs UTF-8 Vs GBK
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:08:15 GMT
Hi,

UTF-8 can handle european and chinese character very well.
If you can't read using utf-8 any of those this simply
mean you text file is not saved in utf-8.

birendar.waldiya@tcs.com a écrit :

>Hi,
>I am trying to read the universal charater form a text file to my java
>application that stores them in database. When I use  encoding type "GBK" i
>can read all special charater in chinease, when i use encoding "ISO-8859-1"
>i can read latin but not chinease , but whn i use encoding as "UTF-8" i
>think i ma supposed to read both chinease and latin correctly but i am not
>able to read any of them. Can any one give me the pointers for solution ,
>Further the beta- is converted to ss in latin-1
>
>thanks in advance
>Birendar S Waldiya
>

>Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may
contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained
in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately
and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you