tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: IIS security with tomcat
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:04:12 GMT
That does not sound particularly doable to me.

I'd assume that you'd want to look to the latest Tomcat 5.5.x for the
best static file handling you can get out of it and essentially take IIS
out of the picture.

--
Jess Holle

Steve Gaunt wrote:

>HI
>
>That;'s what i'm trying to do..  But the user credentials are held within a database.

>Ideally, I want to forward to tomcat, do the login for the user, and somehow tell IIS
all static conent from the session(or user) is allowed. Equally, I dont want the users to
bookmark the pdf/html files(as these people pay to see them).

>I'm not sure how to do this with the web server, surely there must be a standard way of
achieving this.  I've searched google but unable to find information about this.

>Cheers

allow access to these if they have been authenticated by tomcat(using jk2 connector on the
AJP connections).

>	>I dont want to move these static pdf/htmls' onto tomcat(as the folder(s) size at
the root is over 10G).  I've tried this and after about 10 hours of use, the tomcat website
hosting the static content fails.

>	>Ideally, the static conent should be serverd by IIS(as its good at doing that). But
I dont want just anyone being able to view these?

>	>I've tried the response.sedREdirect("")
>	>
>	>and passing the "www-authentication" into the header, but since the redirect goes
back to the browser and rewrites the header, this info is lossed.