tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: IIS security with tomcat
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:34:35 GMT
Sounds like IIS should be doing your authentication...

Steve Gaunt wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have IIS web server servicing static pdf/html content.  However, I only want to allow
access to these if they have been authenticated by tomcat(using jk2 connector on the AJP connections).

>I dont want to move these static pdf/htmls' onto tomcat(as the folder(s) size at the root
is over 10G).  I've tried this and after about 10 hours of use, the tomcat website hosting
the static content fails.

>Ideally, the static conent should be serverd by IIS(as its good at doing that). But I
dont want just anyone being able to view these?

>I've tried the response.sedREdirect("")
>
>and passing the "www-authentication" into the header, but since the redirect goes back
to the browser and rewrites the header, this info is lossed.