tomcat-users mailing list archives

From krishnans <krishn...@newbreak.com>
Subject C#.Net Usercontrol as dll placed in Tomcat Server is not getting downloaded in IE...
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:23:27 GMT
Hi!,
     Wishes.  I have created and compiled a dll( that has a user control
in it) using the .Net Framework ( Class Library  Template ).
Then Created a HTML Page embedding the .Net user controls in HTML object
tag.
But the user control is not getting downloaded in IE 6.0

The dll is placed along with the HTML in the ROOT directory of Tomcat
Web Server.

and my HTML looks as the one shown below.
 <center>
  <object id="container"   name="container" width="300" height="300"
    classid="http://10.1.30.67/NBFinalTest.dll#NBFinalTest.NBFinalTest"
    codebase="http://10.1.30.67/NBFinalTest.dll">
  </object>
 </center>

also i have added a mime typing in web.xml file of the
<TOMCAT_HOME>/conf directory for dll download as shown below:
<mime-mapping>
<extension>dll</extension>
<mime-type>application/x-msdownload</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

also in the trusted sites of IE i have added my server's link.

and finally when i accessed my html using this URL :
"http://10.1.30.67/NBFinal.html"  the user control is not getting
downloaded.
can you please suggest me the mistakes if any in the above steps

I read that one of the user in the group had got the User control of
Tomcat server downloaded in IE.
Is there any specific version of .Net that i should use.?
or Should the dll be deployed through CAB files?
Please if possible specify me where the problem is and some solutions
for the same.

I have spent so many days on this. But nothing is working out for me. So
please help me out.

Thanks,
Krishnan.S