tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Ahlén <joak...@geosition.com>
Subject Re: Sudden JVM crashes - a Tomcat problem?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:41:15 GMT
Hi,

I am not a JVM-guru, but I'm guessing here. Tomcat 5.5 demands, as far
as i know, jdk 1.5. You're not stating which version of tomcat you're
using so this might not even be the case for you.

I'm not sure if this can cause a JVM crash like this, but my idea is
that class files compiled with jdk 1.5 might crash if executed with jdk
1.4 since jdk 1.5 has specific new features that are not available in
jdk 1.4.

//j