tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrés Reyes <are...@tcor.net>
Subject Sending mail with JavaMail
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:33:26 GMT
Hi. I need to send an email using a servlet (Tomcat 4.1 / Debian 3.1),
but when I send the form from the jsp page that call the servlet, i get
this exception:

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:222)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilterChain.java:51)
	(...)

*root cause*

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource at
AltaCliente.doPost(AltaCliente.java:63) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760) at

This is the code of the servlet (which compiles with no problem):

---------------------------------
import java.io.*;

try {
                        Properties props = new Properties();
                        props.put("mail.smtp.host", "mail.***.***");
                        Session s = Session.getInstance(props);
                        MimeMessage message = new MimeMessage(s);

                        InternetAddress from = new
InternetAddress("areyes@****.***");
                        message.setFrom(from);
                        InternetAddress to = new
InternetAddress("******@****.***");
                        message.addRecipient(Message.RecipientType.TO, to);

                        message.setSubject("Prueba de JavaMail.");
                        message.setText("Hola desde JavaMail ( y Tomcat
). ");

                        Store store = s.getStore("pop3");
                        store.connect("mail.****.***",
"areyes@****.***", "areyes");

                        Transport.send(message);
                        store.close();
 } catch ( MessagingException e ) {
                        out.println("<h1>MessagingException: " +
e.getMessage() + "</h1>");
---------------------------------

The content of the /WEB-INF/web.xml is ok (only describe the servlet and
others that I use), and the xml configuration for the context is:

---------------------------------
<Context path="/*****" docBase="/usr/share/tomcat4/server/webapps/******"
        debug="0" privileged="false">
 <Resource name="mail/Session" scope="Shareable" type="javax.mail.Session"/>
          <ResourceParams name="mail/Session">
            <parameter>
              <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
              <value>mail.****.****</value>