tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Miles" <dar...@netbauds.net>
Subject Re: cannot setup JNDI with MySQL
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:11:25 GMT

"localhost" has special meaning to the MySQL command line tool, this
uses the Unix Domain socket for transport, like /tmp/mysql.sock this
does not work with Java I don't believe there is any API to access Unix
Domain sockets.

Confirm:

mysql -h localhost -u username -ppassword database

AND

mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u username -ppassword database

both work.. the first uses Unix Domain sockets the 2nd TCPIP socket,
same as the Java JDBC driver uses.  Maybe "netstat -ton | grep 3306"
can help you find where MySQL is connected with TCPIP.  If you can't
find it you need to look at my.cnf from mysql's var direction, maybe
/opt/mysql/var/my.cnf and check you DONT have "skip-networking" set.
Then check for "port=####" and "bind=####" values if its running on the
non-standard settings than INADDR_ANY:3306.

My question, in my (5.5.9) $CATALINE_HOME/common/lib I have:

commons-el.jar
jasper-compiler.jar
jasper-compiler-jdt.jar
jasper-runtime.jar
jsp-api.jar
mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar
naming-factory-dbcp.jar
naming-factory.jar
naming-resources.jar
servlet-api.jar

But you also have:
commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar
commons-pool-1.2.jar

I am having problems with "naming-factory-dbcp.jar" I'm not sure which
base version it is for a start and it does not seem to re-use the
connections in the pool.  Is it possible to override the version shipped
with TC adding a few files and changing the class path in the <Resource>
to the official Apache one ?

Do you know which version of DBCP is shipped with TC 5.5.9 ?

Thanks

Darryl

--
Darryl L. Miles