tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Singleton <p...@jbgb.com>
Subject can one app check another is available?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:15:31 GMT
I've split an app into two: one contains many GB of
static images (rarely changes), the other all the
session stuff (this one is updated frequently).

No matter where it is deployed, the real app can
refer to images e.g. src="/maps/....." but I want
the real app to check that the data app is responding
whenever it restarts.

I can do this if I know the full URL, but is there any
way I can check with just the server-relative URL?

Currently I do something like

   (new java.net.URL(...)).openConnection()

(hmm, sorry but I guess this isn't Tomcat-specific...)

Paul Singleton