tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Setting environment variables in server.xml.
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:31:28 GMT
If I'm reading it correctly, according to the docs, I should be able to
set an environment variable in server.xml, like the built-in example:

     <Environment name="simpleValue" type="java.lang.Integer" value="30"/>

Unfortunately, I can't get this to work; I can't read in simpleValue, or
the ones I really want to do when they are defined in server.xml.  But I
have no problems when I put them into the application's web.xml; they
come in just fine using the InitialContext stuff from the docs.  Is
there something extra I need to do to make them visible from server.xml?

Thanks,
Dave