tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Seak, Teng-Fong" <seak_tengf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What to put into JAVA_HOME on Windows xp
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:41:48 GMT
    It's necessary to stop and restart the service when Java home path
is changed.  Reboot the PC doesn't help either.  I had talked about this
in a previous mail but seems like it got passed without catching any
attention:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-tomcat-user/200509.mbox/%3c4337F6F7.5050003@yahoo.com%3e

Giuseppe Briotti wrote:

>>==========================
>>Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:47:07 +0200 (MEST)
>>From: "Markus Hapke" <markus_hapke@gmx.de>
>>To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>Subject: Re: What to put into JAVA_HOME on Windows xp
>>==========================
>>

>>Hello All,
>>
>> now it works ! when runing
>> <tomcat_root>\bin\startup.bat
>> instead of
>> <tomcat_root>\\bin\tomcat5w.exe //ES//Tomcat5
>> and then pressing START.
>>
>> For what the tomcat5w.exe should be used ?
>>
>> Markus
>>

>In tomcat bin directory there are several batchs that perform all the environment settings,
THEN