tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Reeds <grah...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: Stopping users from getting a directory listing
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 21:35:27 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Graham Reeds
>>Subject: Stopping users from getting a directory listing
>>
>>What is the setting in the web.xml for stopping users from getting a
>>directory listing?  I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere
>>before but I can't for the life of me find where.
>

> A brief look at the comments near the beginning of conf/web.xml would
> answer that question.

Ahh.  I was looking in the application specific web.xml for it and
google searches weren't bring up much fruit.

I tried copying the default servlet definitions and when that failed,
the proceeding filters, to the application specific web.xml but that
causes an exception to be thrown.

What needs to be done (I'm a total noobie at this)?

G.