tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Saha Rabindra N" <saha...@mellon.com>
Subject Tomcat webapps problem.
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:28:34 GMT
> This question is regarding Tomcat web server on Unix.
>
> I am using Tomcat4.1.18 on HP-UX to run some jsp pages.
>
> Those jsp pages use some jar files which should be placed in '$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/<appname>/WEB-INF/lib'
folder.

> But when I place those jar files in webapps lib folder, the tomcat stops recognizing
the webapp application itself.
> Whereas if I put those jar files in '$CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib' folder, it works perfectly
ok.
> But as those jar files are specific to this application, so they should not be placed
in shared/lib folder.

> Has anybody faced this problem before ?
> Is this a bug in Tomcat ?
>

> Regards,
> RNS

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended solely for the
use of the named addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other
person is not authorized.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail
to the originator.(16b)