tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andy gordon <efha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to open Tomcat Manager?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:28:45 GMT
Confine to a certain directory: yes since that is a context.

i noticed the connection url you are using is different than mine. Mine is from the 5.5. doc
and includes the password and user name in it.I am presuming the database with your users
and users_roles tables is named ERP. I am also presuming the userid and password for the connection
is not supposed to come from ERP.

some additional thoughts and questions if you haven't already solved the problem:

In the server xml where did you place the realm statement?
if you placed it in the at the engine level then did did you comment out the realm statement
for the userdatabaserealm in the engine level.  if userdatabasrealm comes after jdbc realm
then it take precedence over jdbc.

hope this helps

-andy

±ç¬±³õ <pc.leung@gmail.com> wrote:
I have server.xml, no resource-env-ref nor manager.xml
My context.xml is within meta-inf directory.

The problem still persists.
Can I confine the prompt of username and password of JDBCRealm to
certain directory only?

such as
http://localhost:8080/welcome.jsp, does not prompt
http://localhost:8080/erp, prompt