tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andy gordon <efha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to open Tomcat Manager?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:25:56 GMT
Just a couple of other thoughts...

I presume you are using tomcat 5.5x

THere is a default resource definition under global naming resources for an in memory database
that points to conf/tomcat-users.xml. Without having testing myself, if it still exists in
you server.xml file i am wondering if it is getting in your way. There is a resource link
in manager.xml that points to the resource definition in the server.xml. There is also a resource-env-ref
that references the userdatabase in the web.xml for the manager. Both those files are under
the manager webapp directory. Hope this helps. also have been able to reach MySQL in general
from Tomcat?

- andy

±ç¬±³õ <pc.leung@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, Andy.
I use MySQL and JDBCRealm.
If tomcat-users.xml is ignored, it is fine.

But I have entered records in table of user and user role.
I have tried input the password in both plain text and MD5 encrypted
in user table. Still not okay.

2005/10/21, Caldarale, Charles R :