tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James W. Anderson" <jwander...@bellsouth.net>
Subject How to Build Tomcat 4.1.x or 5.0.x on Windows?
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 06:50:37 GMT
I downloaded the source zip for both Tomcat 4.1.3 and 5.0.30 and have been
struggling for three days now to get a build to work.  I'm using the Sun
J2SE 1.5 JDK and Ant 1.6.5.  I followed the build instructions on the Tomcat
web site and downloaded all of the required files, and have been slowly
making progress by locating and downloading whatever file it says it cannot
find, but I feel like I'm trying to put out a forest fire by stomping on it.
I'm just trying to get a "vanilla" release of Tomcat to build on my Windows
XP system here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.