tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aria Bamdad <>
Subject Re: Apache & Tomcat Virtual Host question
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:18:52 GMT

Hi, I asked this question yesterday and got no hints from anyone.
Since then, I have been able to accomplish what I want using multiple
instances of Tomcat.  However, I would much rather use one instance
and serve requests on different Apache port.

Does anyone have ANY comments regarding my issue?

Thanks in advance.
On Wed, 05 Oct 05 13:25:38 -0400 Aria Bamdad said:
>Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find any such example..
>I have Apache talking to Tomcat and everything works fine.
>My situation is as follows:
>I am using Apache VirtualHost directive to set different document roots
>depending on the PORT number the request comes in.  So, I am not really
>interested in the host name part of the URL, I am more interested in
>the port number.
>I have 3 different document roots depending on the port.  One for port 80
>http requests, one for port 443 https requests and another for port 88 http.
>Each document root has it's set of subdirectories.  The subdirectories
>contain static and jsp content and you **CAN** have the same directory
>name under each of the three different document roots.
>For example:  I can have  /www/port80/project1  and  /www/port443/project1
>but they contain different information.
>How do I configure Apache and Tomcat so that when Apache receives a
>request on a specific port, it will pass that along to Tomcat, AND,
>how do I configure Tomcat so that it servs the correct 'project1'
>application under the correct document root?
>Thanks inadvance.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: