tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andy gordon <efha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting environment variables in server.xml.
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:26:39 GMT
David,

Just in case you haven't done this yet, have you checked to see if the environment variable
shows up as a catalina:type=Environment MBean? if so you should be able to access it. Hope
this helps.

- andy gordon

David Kerber <dckerber@verizon.net> wrote:
If I'm reading it correctly, according to the docs, I should be able to
set an environment variable in server.xml, like the built-in example:

Unfortunately, I can't get this to work; I can't read in simpleValue, or
the ones I really want to do when they are defined in server.xml. But I
have no problems when I put them into the application's web.xml; they
come in just fine using the InitialContext stuff from the docs. Is
there something extra I need to do to make them visible from server.xml?

Thanks,
Dave