tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Akoulov, Alexandre [IT]" <alexandre.akou...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: using a datasource connection pool resource with username and password supplied by user
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:06:32 GMT
Hi Jeff,

>I will implement storing the connection in
> the session with the log
> out killing the connection.

what happens if the user never logs out? then your Tomcat might end up with quite a few open
connections that it cannot close and the only way to close such connections would be to restart
Tomcat. I guess you'll also want to implement the connection closure when session times out/invalidated
(using javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionListener)....

Kind regards,

Sasha.