tomcat-users mailing list archives

From René Schade <sch...@hypergenic.com>
Subject Example build.xml error?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:40:25 GMT
Hi List,

Starting a new project, I deceided to move to Tomcat 5.5.

In the "Application Developer's Guide"

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/index.html

There is an example build.xml file for installing & reloading the project, a "basic build-file":

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/build.xml.txt

Using this build.xml file works fine, except for one thing. Whenever I do a change followed
by "ant reload", it does not deploy the changes to the server. The changed files are recompiled
in to the local /build folder, followed by a reload of the server, but the changed files are
never deployed to the server.

Maybe my setup is wrong, maybe it is not supposed to support this, or maybe it's just an error?

Regards,
René