tomcat-users mailing list archives

From m.@logemann.org
Subject new Date() returns 0 w/ Tomcat 5.028 on IBM JDK 1.4.2 Linux PPC
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:32:13 GMT
Hi,

i am getting strange things on the following environment:

Tomcat 5.0.28
IBMJDK 1.4.2 on SLES Linux PPC

When i start up our webapplication, everything is fine, i am getting
current dates back when issuesing new Date() and log4j is also logging
like expected. After some minutes new Date() returns timestamp 0 (01/01/1970)
and log4j also fails to log dates of course.

At the same time, when calling a simple test public static main program which
prints new Date() to console, the date is perfect, but in each and every
servlet, the same call returns 0.

This is really scary, because as we all know, this cant be a problem in the user
code. Normally i would say that this is a JVM issue, but like explained, command
line java programs work, only serverside program fail here.

I will also try to address this one at some IBM related spot.

But perhaps some has a clue.

Marc Logemann