tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <>
Subject Re: MyServlet as default servlet in tomcat 5.0.27
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 01:54:44 GMT
Rename your war to ROOT.war and deploy it.

Or you can manually deploy the app and point the default Host element to the
new appBase location.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Partheeban Boopathy" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 5:06 PM
Subject: MyServlet as default servlet in tomcat 5.0.27

How to set my servlet as a default for my Tomcat5.0.27 instance which runs
in a machine name testmachine.
I want my servlet to make it as default one,i changed web.xml under
tomcatinstalldir/conf folder.
It works,but i dont want to change that web.xml under conf folder.Is there
any way on that.

My main requirnment is
How to make my servlet available for the url below
I dont want to give any application name after the port number
whereas tomcat5.0.27 is running in testmachine.

Note : I packed my servlet inside a war file and deployed under
tomcatinstalldir/webapps as test.war

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message