tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "GB Developer" <gb107...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Realm Configuration
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:01:49 GMT

one could have hoped for a better description from the driver...

further down, it says:

> 28/10/2005 15:32:03 org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm start
> SEVERE: Exception opening database connection
> java.sql.SQLException: org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBdriver
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:689)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.start(JDBCRealm.java:763)
>         at

I don't know about firebird, but for example: with mysql you need to connect
to the correct IP, port and with the right username/password, and that
username/password needs read permissions on the tables you've set up for
AUTH.  Have you checked all those things are good?