tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Road Runner" <rjadr...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Database connections aren't being released...
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:01:17 GMT
I am not sure that this is a Tomcat issue, but we are not sure what exactly is causing our
problem.

We are running Tomcat 5.0.27.  We are using the most recent jconn2.jar driver to connect to
a Sybase SQL Anywhere Studio 7 database via JDBC.

Over a period of time, the number of connections to the database continues to increase far
beyond the possible number of users.  The only way to close the connections is to restart
the database server.

Again, we are not sure if we should be looking at Tomcat, the JDBC driver, or Sybase to solve
this problem.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks