tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amadeo Alonso" <ama...@caminos.upm.es>
Subject Q: Why Tomcat return me a OLD version of my doc.jar in an Applet ?
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 13:05:25 GMT
Hi list:

   I apologize me last (&first) email to the list with faults on date and form
   Thanks to Mark Thomas for your explanations.

The problem I attempt to solve is the next:

When I demand the page 'http://expresiongrafica.caminos.upm.es/PAU/AppletDoc.html', which
has an Applet with a tag 'archive=doc.jar', Tomcat (?) v5.5 returns me the OLD VERSION of
'doc.jar' (v1) with the old bugs, as I deduct from the 'Java Console'.

I have placed two <connector> tags  in 'server.xml' file to use ports :80 y :8080 in
the same way

but....

http://expresiongrafica.caminos.upm.es:8080/PAU/AppletDoc.html   return de rigth 'doc.jar'
(v2),   OK:

http://expresiongrafica.caminos.upm.es:80/PAU/AppletDoc.html       return de old   'doc.jar'
(v1),   BAD:

using  localhost/..., localhost:80/... y localhost:8080/...      OK (v2).

How can I destroy the old version? where is it? What is it happening? Is maybe a navigators
problem?
 (I get  'similar' results with IE and Firefox )

Thanks in advance

Amadeo.
Universidad Polit├ęcnica de Madrid.