tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andoni <andonil...@eurokom.ie>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassCircularityError
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:07:19 GMT
Just thinking aloud here... is there anywhere in your program that you are using Java Reflection?

Beyond this I am afraid I have no more ideas for now :-(

Later,
Andoni.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jagadeesha T
  To: Tomcat Users List
  Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:48 AM
  Subject: Re: java.lang.ClassCircularityError

  HI  Andoni,
          Thanks for the reply, It uses association that too unidirectional, I have seen the
option in sun forum as have you explained to me. I tried to compile classes like this for
just to get that error. This scenario won't compile, It gave me a error saying "cycling inheritence".
  Do you know any other scenarios which could cause this problem.

  Thanks,
  Jagadish

  Andoni <andonilist@eurokom.ie> wrote:
  Hi Jagadish,

  Do you have a drawing of all your inheritance relationships? This error seems to be caused
by a circular inheritance relationship i.e.:

  class ClassOne extends ClassTwo {
  }

  class ClassTwo extends ClassOne {
  }

  Obviously there could be many more than two classes involved so it may be best to draw out
the class tree. Specially if it is complicated.

  Hope that helps.

  Andoni.