tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel" <dpury...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Configuring two-way SSL
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:03:07 GMT
When you the client presents the list, I assume you mean the client's list
of certificates.  If this is the case the certificate is malformed.  I
suspect your using IE.  For testing, switch to Foxfire; it will show you
both the client and the server certificates during the certificate exchange
if they are properly formed.  With the clients, if certs should be viewable
when you right click on the browser properties>content>certificates, if not,
they probably were not p12 formated and the browser did not install it even
though it said "Import successful"
- Daniel
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steinberger, Richard" <Richard.Steinberger@mantech-ist.com>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:37 PM
Subject: Configuring two-way SSL

I have installed Apache Tomcat Version 5.5.9 on a Windows platform, and
have one-way SSL running.

However, when I turn on client authentication for two-way SSL, and the
client browser presents the certificate list, it is empty.

Even though there are certs registered.

Does the server certificate need to be generated differently than the
standard certificate.

Or, is there additional configuration to be done.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Rick