tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ritchie Gillam" <gill...@halifax.ca>
Subject Re: Session sharing not working - Which is the best strategy?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:26:33 GMT
I have seen some forums in which the suggestion is to store the userid and session id in a
database table upon leaving the first application and then retrieving that session_id for
the same user upon entering the 2nd application.   If you don't have this record in the database
table then force then redirect them to a login page.

Ritchie Gillam
Programmer Analyst, Information Services, Halifax Regional Municipality
Email: gillamr@halifax.ca
Phone: (902) 490-6167
Fax: (902) 490-6583

>>> starki78@libero.it 09/28/05 10:14 am >>>
We have a web-application that uses a implemented
logging mechanism where the valid-user is stored in the session.
Now there shall come another web-application that shall be used
with the user that was authenticated before.

I know that session sharing is not allowed
but what else could I do?.

Can you give me a suggestion how to help me out?

Thanks for any advice!
starki