tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ritchie Gillam" <gill...@halifax.ca>
Subject Re: How to share static content across applications
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:28:48 GMT
You were right...

I simply removed all the Context elements now in the server.xml file and changed all my code
to reference ../sharedHRM or /sharedHRM depending on if the tag appends the Application Context
or not.

Thanks for your help.

Ritchie Gillam
Programmer Analyst, Information Services, Halifax Regional Municipality
Email: gillamr@halifax.ca
Phone: (902) 490-6167
Fax: (902) 490-6583

>>> hassan@webtuitive.com 09/16/05 11:56 am >>>
Ritchie Gillam wrote:

> I need the following entries:
>
> <Context docBase="/data0.../webapps/sharedHRM path="/sharedHRM"/>
>
> and then one entry for each application that references the shared assets like this:
>
> <Context docBase="/data0.../webapps/sharedHRM path="/app1/sharedHRM"/>
> <Context docBase="/data0.../webapps/sharedHRM path="/app2/sharedHRM"/>
>
> I am doing this because sometimes the JSP/JSF tag appends the application context and
sometimes it don't.

That sounds broken; I would try to fix that first before trying to
kludge up multiple "shared" Contexts.

But it doesn't sound Tomcat-related -- if you want to send me details
off-list about this erratic tag, I'll be happy to try to help. :-)

                           dream.  code.