tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Olena Mitovska" <mito...@halifax.ca>
Subject Tomcat autoDeploy problem on Unix
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:01:39 GMT
Hi,

We have Tomcat 5.5.7 installed on Solaris 9 and the autoDeploy option doesn't work.  We have
to restart the server every time we redeploy the application so that changes will be seen,
and it is unacceptable for us since it is a production server.

Here is the excerpt from our server.xml where we enabled autoDeploy option.

- <Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true" xmlNamespaceAware="false"
xmlValidation="false">

and for every application  the Context element have attribute  reloadable="true".

The same settings work fine in windows environment so we tend to think it is specific Unix
problem. Can you, please ,advise, how we can redeploy application without having to restart
the server every time.

Olena