tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Partheeban Boopathy <bmpar...@gmail.com>
Subject MyServlet as default servlet in tomcat 5.0.27
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:06:51 GMT
Hi
How to set my servlet as a default for my Tomcat5.0.27 instance which runs
in a machine name testmachine.
I want my servlet to make it as default one,i changed web.xml under
tomcatinstalldir/conf folder.
It works,but i dont want to change that web.xml under conf folder.Is there
any way on that.

My main requirnment is
How to make my servlet available for the url below
http://testmachine:8050
I dont want to give any application name after the port number
whereas tomcat5.0.27 is running in testmachine.

Note : I packed my servlet inside a war file and deployed under
tomcatinstalldir/webapps as test.war

Thanks
Parthi