tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Kim <b...@coe.tamu.edu>
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:03:31 GMT

Hi,

tomcat 5.5.9, Fedora core 4

I recently upgraded my tomcat. I'm facing this problem again and wonder if
there's a good answer on what I should do.

(and honestly, why this (stumbling block) has been added for index.jsp
which is usually the entry point for every app, thereby affecting the
maximum number of people.)

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/usr/share/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost/mail/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java
(No such file or directory)

This appears for every application on my server.

I think this is probably a FAQ but googling
"java.io.FileNotFoundException: + org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java" didn't
give me good answers. (all questions and no answers)

Is there a clear explanation of how I should handle index.jsp for each
app?

Thanks.

Ben Kim
Developer