tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "rahul" <rahul.jo...@amsoft.net>
Subject RE: problem with tomcat manager's deploy command
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:23:29 GMT

any suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 7:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: problem with tomcat manager's deploy command

> From: rahul [mailto:rahul.joshi@amsoft.net]
> Subject: problem with tomcat manager's deploy command
>
> If I remove this context tag from "server.xml" then the deploy
> command works fine.
>
> But I want to keep this information in "server.xml" and at
> the same time use tomcat manager's deploy command from ant script

You may want to rethink that one.  From the Tomcat 5.5 documentation for
<Context>:

"Please note that for tomcat 5, unlike tomcat 4.x, it is NOT recommended
to place <Context> elements directly in the server.xml file.  Instead,
put them in the META-INF/context.xml directory of your WAR file or the
conf directory as described above."

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.