tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "rahul" <>
Subject RE: problem with tomcat manager's deploy command
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:23:29 GMT
Thanks Charles,

Now I am defining my application context in a separate file under META-INF

But still I am not been able to undeploy my application (using tomcat

Tomcat Manager's undeploy command, which I run from ant
is not cleaning some of the jar files in my application's lib folder
However no error shown on ant prompt.

This is how I am using undeploy command in ant script

<target name="undeploy" description="Remove application from Tomcat">
	<undeploy 	url="${tomcat.manager.url}"

any suggestions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R []
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 7:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: problem with tomcat manager's deploy command

> From: rahul []
> Subject: problem with tomcat manager's deploy command
> If I remove this context tag from "server.xml" then the deploy
> command works fine.
> But I want to keep this information in "server.xml" and at
> the same time use tomcat manager's deploy command from ant script

You may want to rethink that one.  From the Tomcat 5.5 documentation for

"Please note that for tomcat 5, unlike tomcat 4.x, it is NOT recommended
to place <Context> elements directly in the server.xml file.  Instead,
put them in the META-INF/context.xml directory of your WAR file or the
conf directory as described above."

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: