tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom.Guth...@sierraclub.org
Subject RemoteAddrValve not working for admin and manger apps
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:28:06 GMT
Hello:

Sorry if this has been addressed already but I am having difficulty adding
remote host valves to my manager and admin web apps in Tomcat 5.0.30 on
Win2K .

Adding a valve to manager.xml or simply uncommenting the example remote
host valve for the admin web app in the admin.xml does not work. I restart
the tomcat service after each xml configuration changes. I have used
double and single quotes around the IP address.

Is there any additional configuration required  -maybe in the server.xml
that has been ommitted from the documentation?
Here is the context from my admin.xml

<Context path="/admin" docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/admin"
        debug="0" privileged="true">

  <!-- Uncomment this Valve to limit access to the Admin app to localhost
   for obvious security reasons. Allow may be a comma-separated list of
   hosts (or even regular expressions). -->

  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
    allow='127.0.0.1'/>

             prefix="localhost_admin_log." suffix=".txt"
          timestamp="true"/>

</Context>

Thanks