tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy" <a...@fritter.net>
Subject Manager error 'FAIL - Invalid context path null was specified'
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:02:08 GMT

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure the manager application with virtual
hosts.

When I request a reload like this -

http://testxtb.example.com/manager/reload?xtb

I get this response-

FAIL - Invalid context path null was specified

However according to this page -

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html

This is a valid syntax, as 'xtb' is my web application name in the
webapps directory - my web application works fine btw, and so does the
manager's list command.

I can only think I haven't understood something correctly, and my
configuration is somehow wrong.

It would be great if somebody could tell me what's wrong so I don't
spend an entire weekend on this. My config follows -

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml (chopped)
    <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="testxtb.example.com">

        <Host name="testxtb.example.com" appBase="C:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

		... chopped ...

        </Host>

    </Engine>

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/testxtb.example.com/context.xml.default

<Context docBase="xtb"
         privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
antiJARLocking="false">

</Context>

$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/testxtb.example.com/manager.xml

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/manager"
         privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
antiJARLocking="false">

  <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
  <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
                type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>

</Context>

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/xtb/

Web application files under this directory - this is why
reload?xtb should work.

Thanks,

Andy.