tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John MccLain" <jmccl...@tcshealthcare.com>
Subject cluster listener question
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:01:36 GMT
When our application starts up, it removes admin information about old user
sessions from our database; We store information such as locks and session
state in our DB. BUT, if we are running in a cluster and Tomcat stars up, we
do NOT want this to occur EXCEPT for on the first server in the cluster that
starts up. For example, we have a cluster with 2 nodes. We start A up and it
removes session log info from the DB, it then potentially gets more sessions
created and logged before node B is up and running (for example in a
failover scenario, where we dynamically bring back up a failed server). When
node B comes up, we do NOT want it to remove sessions that have been logged.
What we want is something
like the following when a tomcat node kicks off

If (I am in a cluster)
	if (!other cluster members running)
		Remove Session from DB
else
	Remove Sessions from DB

How can I do this?? Would I use MBeans??
Is there a cluster lifecycle listener as aopposed to an application
lifecycle listener?
Is there a way to add a listener to the host instead of an application
context, and have it perform the above logic?

John McClain
Senior Software Engineer
TCS Healthcare
jmcclain@tcshealthcare.com
(530)886-1700x235
"Skepticism is the first step toward truth"