tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Caine <>
Subject Re: Different JDBC sources?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:08:34 GMT

> As a relative Tomcat newbie, I can't find anything about how to use
> two different JDBC sources with the same codebase. I'd like to have
> two
> different URLs that use the same classes and JSP pages, but
> reference two different databases (test and production). Is there a
> standard way of achieving this?

Shamelessly promoting our own product, you might want to take a look
at Qilan.  An OS X application, Qilan accesses multiple JDBC database
sources and automatically creates all the necessary JSP code.  The
developer merely creates web pages (webtemplates), with or without
specialized tags, then exports them to Tomcat/webapps.  If you are
using SQL, Qilan handles this as well.  Download at:

Stephen Caine
CommonGround Softworks, Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: