tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Multiple IP addresses
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:11:45 GMT
> From: Fadil [mailto:fadil.work@gmail.com]
> I do not understand very well, if we did this configuration,
> (with a new IP
> for tomcat and one for IIS web app on the same server) :
>
> we don't have to specify port number for IIS or Tomcat ?

Each would bind to port 80, each on its own IP address on the Web
server.  Port 80 is the default port for HTTP, so none of your URLs
would need a ':8080' or similar suffix.

> Can we fix tomcat's with by default 80 ? this configuration
> doesn't mess if we want to use ldap or ssl?

If you have a separate IP address for Tomcat from the one you are using
for IIS, then you can also bind any other ports you need for Tomcat on
that separate IP address.  So Tomcat's SSL would be on <tomcat's IP
address>:443, IIS's SSL on <IIS's IP address>:443.

> Is this kind of installation is best than only one ip, IIS on
> 80, tomcat on 8080 and isapi redirector 1.14 ?

That depends on your specific requirements, I cannot give a general
answer.

		- Peter