tomcat-users mailing list archives

From KEREM ERKAN <kerem.er...@basari.com.tr>
Subject RE: mod_jk performance
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:55:08 GMT
Well I tried both, and as my websites do not have a very high traffic (I
have approximately a total of 50 GB per month) the speed is not primarily a
concern to me, I am looking to the security side of the problem and
Apache+mod_jk does its job better than only Tomcat concerning security.

I have stress tested Apache+Tomcat and only Tomcat and it seems like %30 is
too high. I can suggest using mod_jk 1.2.10 with Tomcat 5.5.9, surprisingly
you get very similar results. Mod_jk > 1.2.10 had some performance problems
but I did not thoroughly test why.

I hope this may help a little.

Cheers,

Kerem